Monday, July 10, 2006

Settlers, red ants and railroad ties
posted by Carol @ 9:33 AM

Well, Sunday found me going to church with Jim and Nancy while Dad stayed at home with the possibility of Allen and Jeanine Fitzgerald coming up. They decided not to come, so Dad continued to tweak the drip system. He found it hard to believe that something had chewed through one of the 1/4 in tubing. It was in the area of the red ant hill, so our only thought is that those monsters bit through it. Parker and Ally will be glad to hear that Papa threw down a nice amount of Diazanine and that the ants are no more......ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

We had a nice relaxing afternoon and then went to Jim and Nancy's to play Settlers of Catan. Can you believe it. Playing Settlers without Brian. We all muddled through the rules somehow. At one point I went to the bathroom and when I came back, Dad had played two soldier cards in one turn. Hmm! I threw in the red flag. But it was inevitable...I had lost the largest army advantage and my lead. Jim and Nancy love the game, so I am ordering one today. Brian is probably already going through withdrawal pangs until we return his this coming Thursday.

Oh, by the way, I left my camera download cord at home, so there is no way to publish the Charlie's Garden pictures until we go home on the 13th. So......have to wait.

Several days ago, Dad and Jim bought about 16 railroad ties. Jim has already installed three of his to help in the rain run-off at the upper parking area. They have also planted some of the plants we bought on Friday. I got my clippers and trimmed the lower branches off the natural fir tree near their house. They look so much nicer that way, almost like they were there on purpose. My goal is to trim up all the trees on the path between our two houses. There are quite a few, but I have lots of time.

We are going to follow through on Byron's suggestion of stacking 1/3 pieces of ties around out two tree islands. I really shouldn't say we, as I can't lift anything over 15 pounds for several more weeks. Those ties are a BIT more than that. I am really feeling pretty good. I plan on doing a partial Barker circle walk as soon as I finish writing. Hopefully I can avoid the heavy equipotent that is working on the road. I have been walking back and forth from Jim and Nancy's since the third day after surgery. This is quite a bit more walking, but I think I had better get back on road. Hee Hee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home