Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Will someone take our daughter?
posted by Brian @ 7:59 PM

Not forever, just for a week or so. Actually, Angie is busy calling people right now trying to find someone to help Mom out with watching Audrey while we head to Seattle for a camping trip. I think Jessica Bartlow can help for 4 days or so, but then volleyball camp starts for her. So we're trying to find someone to take over when she's gone.

Other than that, life is pretty normal at the moment. The kids swim every day. They go to swimming lessons then come home and swim for most of the rest of the day in our pool. It's in the 90s every day lately so swimming is actually a really good idea. Angie and I joined them after dinner yesterday. I think that pool was one of the better investments I've made into our leisure time.

We're watching our neighbor's dog for the rest of the week. She really is the sweetest dog I think I've ever known. She's a little toy poodle. Black. Her name is Jasmine or Jazzy. Jeanette has her groomed at least one a week so she doesn't even smell like dog. And the best part is she really never barks. Maybe a quick bark when she needs to be let out, but that's it. She doesn't much care for Audrey though. Maybe it's because Audrey keeps trying to grab her nose.

Myself, I'm just trying to stay busy. With this business so far it's feast or famine. I have a job tomorrow that should actually take quite a while, but all this week I've just been trying to come up with ways to get more business. I've updated Egghead's website so take a look and give me some feedback. Really it's just a temporary placeholder and I have some really cool ideas on what I'd like to see. The questions is whether or not Deb and I can pull them off. Here's hoping.

Angie's new thing is the schedule I helped her create to organize her life. Bec does this kinda thing naturally, but Angie is too abstract to naturally schedule her life. With three children it has become a necessity. Things like remembering to move clothes from washer to dryer two to three times a day become easier when there is a little reminder on the schedule page. It makes life a little easier when you're not constantly worried that something is slipping through the cracks.

One of these days I'll have Angie write an update for this here blog contraption. I think she'll do good.

I'm also considering creating a blog for a new Sunday school class that we are trying to start up at First Church. I think a blog would be a perfect way to keep everyone up-to-date on everything.

Oh, and finally, Home Star Runner is back at it again. There's a new toon and SB email up. Woohoo!

"I drove my balogna sandwich truck down to the beach!"
"Alright, I'll let it slide this time, but June sleepers will not be tolerated from this day henceforth!"

"... and please give me back my sight."
"... and all for under 50 bucks!"

Update update, we have someone to watch our wonderful, but very high maintenance, daughter. And there was much celebration and rejoicing!

So long for now.

3 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Blogger Bec said...

"Gluten Camp", "Slept thru June", Strong Bad running in front of the green screen and definitely "all for under 50 bucks" laugh out loud! Thanks for the update. By the way, we should mention that if anyone is new to HomeStarRunner that they need to see the Bug In Mouth Disease toon. THE WORLD IS SAVED, I FOUND THE BLUE ONES!!!

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Brian said...

Howdy stranger.

Stranger!?!?! I'm Bubs, remember?

Uh, I know. It was a joke.

That's hilarious.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Brian said...

First stab at some flash coolness

I'm not sure of exactly how it will end up looking, but I'd like for people to be able to customize each set of speakers and the display and possibly more stuff to figure out just what their home theater could look like. Then I could give them an approximate range of what the system would cost. Plus or minus a few thousand bucks or so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home