Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I'm not feeble
posted by Carol @ 9:10 PM

As a followup to Brian's blog, I thought a little explanation was needed. Not everyone knows that I had surgery two weeks ago today. Since Audrey weighs in at more than 15 pounds, and that is the limit to my allotted amount to lift for 4 to 6 weeks after surgery, I need help. That's not to say that Audrey won't keep me and a mother's helper both on our toes. How can a 16 month old wield so much power? Hmmmmm!

By the way, I am feeling fine....walked the upper part of Barker loop for the third day in a row this morning. The problem is, I feel so good, I keep having to remind myself that I still need to take it easy.

All the cabin updating is in process. The entry slate is sealed and the exterior slate is set on the concrete slab. Tomorrow the demolition of the countertops is scheduled to happen in prep for granite countertops. As soon as they are removed, we will head south for my Dr. Appointment and catch up on mail and whatever else needs done.

Oh, yes, and Dad/Howard has a new obsession. It's called "Stop the rampant milk weed infestation". They are threatening to take over the hillside, so he has spent one and a half days trying to eradicate them. This may top the mole obsession. Who knows? He was able to pull himself away this afternoon to start cutting railroad ties to build the retaining wall around the tree islands. It is starting to look really cool. I am looking forward to adding some plants to the space too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home