Friday, August 11, 2006

More Project Pics
posted by Carol @ 3:57 PM

I can only post 4 pictures without cutting and pasting, so I am just going to post three different times. I have more important things to do than to fiddle with this, since Todd and Katie are coming early in the morning to clean house and wash windows and I have tons to do to get ready for them.




Here are the two tree-islands. I have wanted this to happen for several years. My plan was to use the cement block wall units, but Byron came up with this idea and Dad liked it better than the blocks. I think in the long run, it would have cost less energy to do the blocks. These ties were so heavy and hard to cut. Poooooor Dad, but he finished the job and they are all filled up with sandy dirt. However, I think the ties fit the rustic area much better than cement and I love the effect. Thanks Byron! You have great ideas.


I would like to bring up some of the wonderful compost from some of the dead tree stumps down on Gary's land and mix it in with the dirt here. I have plants to plant as soon as we do that. It is a race between the grass hoppers and the deer, who will eat more of the plants. Sigh!


This is a surprise for Dad while he is away in California. This is a rubbermaid system and works great. I found it at Home Depot.


There are a few more hooks I would like to get. It sure holds a lot of stuff and gets it up off the floor. A good thing!! Hello, Martha.

The cupboards on the left now hold the vast quantities of boots that used to clog up the laundry room closet, also a few motorcycle helmets, a box of gloves, mittens and winter hats. Now all is tidy and out of site.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home