Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Wild and Stormy Night
posted by Carol @ 2:02 PM

The days are getting into a routine by now, but, wow, what a night we had last night. Papa was gone....away on a business trip to California, I had opened the cabin to hopefully let in the cool night air, when about 5am a clap of thunder so loud it nearly shook the house, sounded. I was instantly awake. Hopeing I would not hear screaming over the baby monitor, I waited. Nope. All was well. A little later admidst more lighting and more distant thunder, I heard what I thought was footsteps. Think again.....it was huge drops of rain...it poured. I checked the open windows, but there was no wind, so no rain was getting inside. I left the windows open. Still later, a really. strong wind blew across my bed. Oh, oh! Audrey's room had two windows open with the curtains drawn. I thought I had better close those and hope she wouldn't wake up. Fat chance. She was sitting up as still as a mouse. After closing the windows, I rocked her until she went back to sleep. This was about 6 am.

I went back to sleep too. I did hear a funny noise that must have awakened me. I looked at the clock to see what time it was. Blank! Nothing! Nodda! Oh, oh....the power is out. I instantly wondered how I was going to warm Audrey's milk and fix us all breakfast. By my watch, I could tell it was 8 am, but now I had no baby moniter to hear a waking baby. I put on my robe, went upstairs, opened her door a crack and could see that she was not yet stirring. My mind was racing, but, I layed down on the upstairs couch. About 8:30 with still no one stirring, I heard a wonderful sound. The refrigerator motor. Yeh! Wonderful Marvelous Electricity. All is well.

I later found out from Jim, that the whole valley had lost power. They were quick to get it back on. I am grateful. Drama, Drama, Drama!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home