Friday, August 11, 2006

Paved road and ???????
posted by Carol @ 4:01 PM

Well, the road around Simpco Estates is finally paved. It has been a long process, but the result is great. This was taken on the way back from the attempt to pick Huckleberries this morning. You could pretty much say that the season is over. I did get a pretty good workout. I trekked up and over the hills looking for berries. All to no avail. I can't complain though. I have a goodly stash in the freezer, ready for yummy desserts.....if I have help eating them. Hmmmm!



Below are two pictures I was able to take this morning. I am guessing this is a hawk of some kind. It was perched on the post for quite a while. Sorry they are such poor pictures. I was afraid I would scare him off. He had a funny head movement that reminded me of a parrott. Angie, can you figure out what this is?


I pulled the shade gently aside to sneak this picture. Too bad the house is the same color so there isn't much contrast.


Pretty nervy of the little fellow, I would say.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, Blogger Bec said...

Looks like an American Kestrel. Those and Red Tail Hawks are the only ones that I can remember from Birds of Prey class. But, that is my best guess because that is my only possible guess:)

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Brian said...

I agree, I think it's a Kestrel. Good job Bec! I'm so proud.

The road is paved. That's... so... weird.

But cool too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home