Saturday, October 14, 2006

Nancy's Upholstered Chair
posted by Carol @ 8:44 PM

Nancy and I have been working on this Chair. Sadly, we didn't take "before" and "during" pictures. Suffice it to say...the back was coming apart and after removing the covering, it was clear that we would have to go down to the "bare bones". That means new webbing, tieing the springs, throwning out the dirty horse hare and shreaded newspaper, dust and all and starting with new everything.
I had never had a helper before, but it sure made the work go faster and Nancy is learning something that she has wanted to take a class in for years. I am not sure I am the most professional teacher she could have, but I am definitely the cheapest. Oh, and she is going to help me on some of my upcoming upholstry projects....what a deal for me. Now maybe I can finish a few of those half done projects in the garage.
The chair looks great, sits and rocks with comfort and we both have a sense of great accomplishment. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home