Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Life of Audrey
posted by Carol @ 11:18 PM

Well, if I can still count, we are past the half-way mark of our stint as foster parents for Mae-Mae. We are actually doing pretty well, if you don't count how many times I have been suckered into picked her up. (I am such a sucker for those reached up arms) I am really not too worried, because nothing hurts, and I think it would if I were doing damage. With the presence of a lot of new people around (see next paragraph), she can get pretty clingy, and with no Mommie near by, I am second best and will do in a pinch.

Today, we actually made it to church with our pot-luck fruit salad, for the after-church dinner. Audrey did fine until about 2:15 when we threw in the towel and were the first to leave. She instantly fell asleep in the car for the half hour trip home, and then slept until close to 5pm. I got to thinking that it probably went better having a way to get food into her before our trip home, because she might have gone to sleep hungry.....then her nap wouldn't have gone so well. Thankfully, she feels right at home in her crib, and even plays quietly after she wakes up...

Air-conditioning is a real blessing with the 90+ temperatures every day. I heard it hit 100 degrees in McCall yesterday. Wow! Unreal! I, along with a lot of other people, could do for a change in the weather.

1 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

100 degrees in McCall??? Wow. We've been pretty steady at around 108 until this weekend, when it just stayed in the 90's... never thought I'd find 95 degrees a relief.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home